Our Vision

Connect Cambodia is a ministry of Christian City Church Whitehorse (CCCW), with a three-fold vision to:


1. Assist Cambodian pastors build self-sustainable churches through a range of economic development efforts.


2. Provide leadership training relevant to cambodian pastors and church leaders to enable them to build strong, growing churches in Cambodia


3. Bring the hope of Christ through social development projects that seek to improve the quality of life (spiritual, physical and emotional well-being) of the marginalised, poor and disadvantaged in cambodian society.

Google Earth Map of Cambodia

Google Earth Map of Cambodia
This map shows some of the main provincial city centres

How you can consider being involved...

1. Church Sustainability Forums - Equipping, training and mentoring young khmer business people and pastors to build sustainable business / organisations:
- We are looking for committed local and overseas people interested in teaching in the monthly forums (volunteer positions)
- We are looking for locally based expatriate mentors experienced in either church growth or kingdom business development that can commit to mentor young khmer business owners / pastors.

2. Vocational Training Programs - providing practical skills training to disadvantaged young people to help them break the cycle of poverty. Currently we are in the process of identifying specific training needs.
- We are looking for qualified and skilled individuals committed to assist in training khmer young people in practical trade/service industry related vocations (volunteer positions). Training will be conducted in core modules.

3. Business Training Programs - providing business leadership and business foundations training for young khmer entrepreneurs and small business owners.
- We are looking for committed local and overseas individuals willing to input into training programs on regular intervals. Training is conducted monthly at key churches in Phnom Penh and has a strong emphasis on practical application.

If you would like to know more information - please contact Mark on +(855)13 877 008 or email: mark.dennert@cccw.org.au

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Introducing our new cambodian staff members..

Virak Yang (Vocational Training Coordinator)


My name is Virak Yang. I was on in July 1987 at Kampong Chhnag Province the middle of Cambodia. I live in the Nuclear Family. I'm single son in my family. I quite experienced about the lonely life, because I have no brother and sister.

I had finished high school in 2005, after that I moved to Phnom Penh to continue at the University. Now I'm studying at Cambodian University for Specialties(private school) in course Hotel and Tourism.

I have been a Christian almost two years. I first time came to study English at New Life Center through my friend. Firstly I started join the Youth Party on Saturday night at New Life Fellowship. After that I started to join the Sunday Meeting and Sunday School also.

Day by day, God had given me a promise about my future. I've been waiting for his and I nearly give up and run a way from him. But now his will be done for my life. I get employ at Connect Cambodia as Vocational Training Coordinator.

I believe that through my job, I'll help Cambodian youths and young adults to find the employment for themselves.

Rathana Sek (Business Development Coordinator)


My name is Rathana Sek, I was born in August, 10 1985 at Svey Rieng province, I had live in a small village that far from the capital 30km, I have 2 brothers and 3 sisters, I’m the third child in my family, I came from the farmer family, my parents are planting rice.

I start believe Jesus in September 09, 2006 when I was second year at university. My life start better than before, I have hope, peace, joy and a lot of things in my life. It the blessing of God for me because he had gives me many good friends, leaders and pastors ….As Christian life I had received many miracles from God (Healing , prosperity…. ).Now I had finished my Studying at university and I also got a great job that God gives me, I work at Connect Cambodia with Mark and Jo Dennert. I has one vision in my life, I want to see the kingdom of God is come to Cambodia in this generation, I have a vision to be a politician and I believe that through Christian politician and the power of God Cambodia will change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Virak and Rathana!!!
It is wonderful to read your stories and see your happy faces. We can now feel more connected to you both and hope that one day we can meet in person.
God bless you both.
Jacques and Nel Dekker

Andee Sellman , One Sherpa said...

Hi virak and Rathana,
Looking forward to seeing you agin Virak and to meet Rathana for the first time.